IRISH FILM & TELEVISION ACADEMY (IFTA ACADEMY LTD)
IRISH FILM & TELEVISION AWARDS (IFTA AWARDS LTD)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE IRISH FILM & TELEVISION ACADEMY (IFTA) WEBSITE THE FOLLOWING ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH GOVERN THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ THE SAME PRIOR TO ENTERING. BY ENTERING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
When you enter this Website, Irish Film & Television Academy (hereinafter known as "IFTA") grants you (the "Licensee") a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to do the following:- i) to make an electronically stored, transient copy of these web pages for the purpose of viewing them on-line only; ii) subject to Clause 3 below, to print or download to disk the contents of the Irish Film & TV Academy website pages for the purpose of private study only. However you may only make one copy thereof.
2. UNDERTAKINGS OF LICENSEE
Upon accepting this license you undertake:- i) to use this website only in accordance with the terms and conditions herein; ii) not to disassemble, de-compile or reverse engineer the software upon which this site is based; iii) not to translate, modify, lease, rent, loan, redistribute, sub-lease, sub-license or create derivative works from the software upon which this website is based or any of the pages or contents of this website, or copy, whether in electronic, paper or any other medium any of the pages or contents of this website; iv) not to use the software upon which this website is based or any of the pages or contents of this website for immoral, illegal or for any other purposes which may be determined threatening, abusive or harmful including but not limited to the creation or transmission of any virus, worms, trojan horse, cancelbot or any other destructive or contaminating program; v) not to create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the contents of this website. vi) not to remove any copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of any content of this website made in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3. PROHIBITION AGAINST COPYING ART PAGES
The license is granted in relation to this website and DOES NOT APPLY to the contents of the Irish Film & TV Awards ART PAGES except as outlined in Clause 1(i) above. ALL REPRODUCTION OF THESE PAGES IS PROHIBITED, INCLUDING PRINTING AND DOWNLOADING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ACCREDITED PRESS DOWNLOADING PHOTOGRAPHS (AND EPK) AND THE DOWNLOAD OF (MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORMS, MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL FORMS, CALL FOR ENTRIES AND AWARDS ENTRY FORM.
4. EXCLUSION FROM LICENCE
This license to copy does not permit incorporation of the material whether in whole or in part in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of the website pages may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. No part of these website pages may be reproduced on or transmitted or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
5. MORAL RIGHTS
Save where otherwise specified, the Author(s) of the literary and artistic works set out in these website pages has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the Author of those works. Their identities are set out in the pages containing their works.
Copyright in all material contained in this website (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, software, contents, site titles, layout and site specific user interface) is owned by or licensed to IFTA and all rights in the same are reserved. Neither this website, nor site content may be displayed in public, copied, published, reproduced, stored in any medium (including any other website), distributed, transmitted, retransmitted, modified, used for the creation of derivative works or used for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express written permission of IFTA Limited, Third Floor, 17 - 19 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Furthermore, the unauthorised framing, selling on or any other use or reproduction of material from this website is a breach of that copyright. The Licensee acknowledges the rights of IFTA as outlined herein.
7. TRADE MARKS
All trademarks used on this website are either the property of IFTA or are used with the consent of the trade mark owner. You may not use any such trade marks without either our express written permission or the permission of the relevant trade mark proprietor.
8. ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
Parts of this website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with national and international law. IFTA excludes all liability for any error or inaccuracy in advertising material including misleading advertisements and any claim to damages which may arise as a result.
Links to this website are not permitted other than to the home page and such links require the express consent of IFTA.
The information contained in the pages on this website is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of the website, IFTA does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or reliability of the website. IFTA neither accepts nor assumes any responsibility in relation to the content of these pages which should not be relied upon as accurate. The Licensee acknowledges that pages contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. Furthermore, in no event does IFTA accept liability of any description including liability for any claims, penalties, damages , expenses or negligence whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of this website or its contents or from any unauthorised access to or alteration of the same. The information in these web pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. IFTA accepts no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date. Neither does IFTA accept any liability for any failure to do so.
11. COMPATIBILITY WITH COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND BROWSERS
IFTA makes no warranty that the contents of this website are compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
11. LEAVING THIS WEBSITE
The Licensee accepts that after leaving this website, IFTA cannot be responsible in any way for any material that the Licensee may encounter. IFTA excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to, or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
These rules apply to all prize competitions, including IFTA online voting on the www.ifta.ie website. By entering the online competitions you agree to the following terms and conditions.
• All entrants must be resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Employees, families or agents of IFTA and/or any of its associated companies are not eligible to enter the Competitions. Only one entry per person is permitted.
• By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
• NO PURCHASE OF ANY SORT IS NECESSARY to enter Online competitions and there is no charge to enter the www.ifta.ie website.
• All entries must include name, address, email address and telephone number. Entries must be made in accordance with the rules of the particular Competition or through the Website. Winners will be drawn at random from all correct and or valid entries on or around the closing date of the Competitions and shall be notified on the day of the draw. The winner shall have five (5) working days to respond in full or an alternative winner shall be drawn.
• Entrants may enter the Competitions via the Website, providing the appropriate requested details and or answering the question. The prize(s) on offer in each of the Competitions (each referred to hereinafter as a "Prize"), shall be awarded by IFTA subject to availability. The decision of IFTA as to who has won a Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• IFTA may at its sole discretion, substitute any Prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winners may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their Prize and their Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• IFTA accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be acceptable. IFTA will not be liable if a Prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of IFTA. Neither will IFTA be liable for any travel costs, spending money, insurance or any other costs associated with a Prize unless otherwise stated.
• The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding this promotion.
• Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent.
• By entering the Competitions, all entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any other rules or conditions specific to the Competition. IFTA may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competitions and/or the dates on which the Competitions will be promoted and IFTA reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these terms and conditions and/or the Competitions without prior notice.
• The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the winner.
• On submitting an entry, each entrant irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to IFTA with full title guarantee the entire copyright and all other rights of whatever nature in its entry for the full duration of such rights throughout the world.
• Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of IFTA, so far as is permitted by law, IFTA hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of a Prize.
Failure or neglect by IFTA to enforce at any time any of the provisions hereof will not be construed or be deemed to be a waiver of IFTA's rights hereunder nor in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of the terms and conditions herein nor prejudice IFTA's rights to take subsequent action.
The headings of the terms and conditions herein contained are inserted for convenience of reference only and they are not intended to be a part of or affect the meaning or the interpretation of any of the terms and conditions herein.
In the event that any of these terms, conditions or provisions are or will be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The terms and conditions herein are subject to the laws of Ireland which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and affect of all of the above permissions, exclusions, licenses and conditions of use. Furthermore the Irish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this website and its use.
17. CHANGE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IFTA reserves the right to add to, or change the terms of this agreement. It is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing this website. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the website, may result in action being taken against you
IRISH FILM & TELEVISION ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
Thank you for applying for renewed/ new Irish Film & Television Academy membership. Please ensure you have read the IFTA guidelines before you continue with your application.
Please click here to access guidelines (this link brings you to the info on 4 years experience etc)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASING FROM THE IFTA WEBSITE - MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL & NEW APPLICATIONS
• You will provide accurate, current and complete information regarding your name, address, email address, phone number, work history, membership of professional Associations or Guilds and Awards or nominations as prompted by our membership application & renewal form.
• You will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it accurate, current and complete by contacting IFTA in the event of significant change. IFTA may be contacted by email email@example.com or by post IFTA, 3rd Floor, Lower Hatch St, Dublin 2.
• If you provide information that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or withdraw your membership application.
Payment can be made online with the following payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Laser, Visa Debit and Direct Debit.
Payments by cheque/ bank draft must be sent to:
IFTA office Third Floor,
17 - 19 Lower Hatch Street,
Please contact IFTA for if you wish to pay by bank transfer.
• You agree to pay us the charges set out on the membership form.
• We reserve the right to refuse to extend any credit to you and to require prepayment from you before your membership commences.
• IFTA reserves the right to cancel membership in the event of non- payment of fees. In advance of cancelling membership, you will be contacted to give you an opportunity to resolve the matter.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
• Our general policy is not to offer any refunds for membership.
• Once a payment is submitted for membership, you are not entitled to a refund.
• If you wish to cancel your membership after you have been accepted as a member or if you believe that you have an extraordinary and legitimate justification for a refund, you may submit your request by writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy may be changed or amended from time to time as deemed appropriate. We will always adhere honourably to the version of this policy that was in effect on the date of your transaction.
• You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with your application. IFTA reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse membership to the Academy.
• All queries and issues relating to Irish Film & Television Academy membership must be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com. You may also write to IFTA, Third Floor, 17-19 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASING FROM THE IFTA WEBSITE- AWARDS SUBMISSIONS
Thank you for choosing to submit your title to the Irish Film & Television Awards.
Please ensure that you have read the IFTA Rules & Guidelines before you continue with your application.
Before you proceed with this application form, you will be asked for the following information so please ensure you have all the items listed below to hand prior to completing this form as you will not be able to proceed to the next stages of the application form if you do not have all of these items. After you have compiled this information please click on the relevant category type to proceed.
1.Full contact details of the person responsible for making this submission to whom IFTA will send all correspondence relating to this submission too.
2.The name and contact details of each person you are submitting for nomination.
4.A JPEG still of the project and headshots of the actors being submitted. The JPEG image needs to be saved as the project's title. Actor's headshots should be saved as first name then surname then the projects title. Please note the JPEG image will be used in the Voting Pages of the Academy website & for the Print Programme should your title be shortlisted. Please note minimum resolution of 300 DPI required.
5. A brief biography of each person being submitted for consideration (less than 50 words - this should be a max of 350 characters including spaces). Please note the biography will be used in the Voting Pages for the Academy Members & for the Print Programme should your title be shortlisted
6. A Brief Synopsis of the Project (less than 50 words - this should be a max of 350 characters including spaces). Please note the synopsis will be used in the Voting Pages for the Academy Members & for the Print Programme should your title be shortlisted
7. Payment in full - online payment methods acceptedVisa, MasterCard, Laser, Visa Debit and Direct Debit.
8. Confirmation that you have read the Rules & Guidelines document as supplied by IFTA
For Customer Service queries please contact us
The Customer warrants that they are authorised and have the right to submit this project for the Irish Film & Television Awards.
You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your projects as prompted by our registration form and you will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it accurate, current and complete. If you provide information that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or withdraw your submission.
We do not usually pre-screen this Content and cannot verify its accuracy or timeliness. Accordingly, we do not warrant the accuracy of the Content. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is provided to us if we deem the Content offensive, inappropriate, inaccurate or inconsistent with our business. You may contact us if you wish to notify us that any information on our website is inaccurate, offensive or inappropriate.
You agree only to provide us with information that you are authorised to provide us. Prior to providing us with information regarding a project, you will have the permission or authority from all necessary parties. Such parties might include the writers, the directors, the actors, the producers, any copyright holders or trademark holders. Similarly, prior to submitting a project, you will have all necessary authority to submit the project. IFTA commits to keep all submission information confidential.
IFTA does not and cannot accept liability for any losses whatsoever accruing to a submitter where an incorrect or inaccurate content has been submitted. IFTA urges all submitters to fully check all content at time of submission. At all times the submitter shall have full responsibility for the project's content which they submit for publication on to this site and any submissions published will not be amended by IFTA except in exceptional circumstances.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Our general policy is not to offer any refunds for our services. Once a payment is submitted for an entry, you are not entitled to a refund. If you wish to cancel your entry after it has been submitted, or if you believe that you have an extraordinary and legitimate justification for a refund, you may submit your request by writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will not consider any cancellation requests after the submitted titles have been published to the voting IFTA members. This policy may be changed or amended from time to time. We will always adhere honourably to the version of this policy that was in effect on the date of your transaction.
Payment can be made online with the following payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard and Laser. Payments by cheque/ bank draft must be sent to: IFTA office Third Floor, 17 - 19 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Please contact IFTA for if you wish to pay by bank transfer. We reserve the right to refuse to extend any credit to you and to require prepayment from you before providing any services. You agree to pay us the charges set out on the applicable order form and in any Specifications (if applicable). All submission rates are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate and are payable to us in full in advance of your submission being accepted. IFTA reserves the right to remove any submissions in the event of non- payment of fees. In advance of removing such you shall be contacted to give you an opportunity to resolve the matter.
DELIVERY METHODS & TIMINGS
Once your project has been submitted to IFTA by the appropriate deadline date and you have been issued with a reference number, we will contact you only in the case of any problems with your submission.
UNLAWFUL AND PROHIBITED USE
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
While using this web site you may access third party web sites though links. Such third party web sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or their contents. Any links provided on the web site are provided for your interest or convenience only and do not represent or imply any endorsement by us of such linked site and we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage which may arise from use of such third party web site or contracts entered into resulting from the use of such third party web sites. You acknowledge that the use of such third party web sites is governed by the terms and conditions of use applicable to such sites.
To provide the best user experience IFTA may invite you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
SECURITY You can feel confident when buying online with IFTA. That's because we ensure the safety of the personal and billing information you use when making a purchase.
Our secure server software (SSL) is among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all your personal information for protection so nobody else can gain access to it.
CREDIT CARD PROTECTION
When you purchase online, credit card purchases are generally protected against fraud by law, and your liability is limited. Check with your credit card company for details. Be aware that improvements in technology have significantly decreased any chance of Internet credit card fraud.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Non-Personal (Aggregated) Information
IFTA.ie gathers information on all users of our site on an aggregated basis. This information is used to analyse what the total usage levels are for the site, what areas of the site are most popular and what times of the day are most popular for using the site. This information is used to determine what improvements we can make going forward. In addition, we may share this information with our clients or potential clients and our partners, but only on an aggregated basis with no individual breakdown, so they receive no information about how you, as an individual, use the site, nor will they be able to identify you personally from the information they receive.
There are areas of the IFTA.ie website where you can request information, subscribe to marketing materials, enter competitions, register yourself for our online services, request customer support or apply for a job within our organisation. This can involve registering your personal information such as; your name, e-mail address, contact details, credits, company information. The information collected is solely for the purpose of personalising your user experience and for delivering the service(s) that you have signed up for. Once you choose to provide IFTA.ie with personal information, you can be certain that it will only be used to support your relationship with us.
Disclaimer for IFTA Web-site
This site and the contents herein are intended for personal use only. Copyright in all material contained in the IFTA web-site is owned by or licensed to IFTA and all rights in the same are reserved, including but not limited to content, text, photographs, graphics, software, site titles, layout and site specific user interface. Neither this website nor any site content may be displayed in public, published, copied, reproduced, stored in any medium (including any other website), distributed, transmitted, retransmitted, modified, used for the creation of derivative works, or used for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express written permission of IFTA, Third Floor, 17 - 19 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Furthermore, the unauthorised framing, selling on, or any other use or reproduction of material from this web-site is a breach of the rights of IFTA. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our service and of the information contained in this site. However, IFTA makes no representations or warranties about the content and suitability of the information contained herein for any purpose. IFTA disclaims all liability for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information contained herein and does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. Liability is also disclaimed for negligence and for any claims, penalties, damages, expenses whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of this website or its contents or from any unauthorised access to or alteration of the same. Links to the IFTA web-site are not permitted other than to the Home Page and such links require the express consent of IFTA
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © 2010 IFTA ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright in the whole and every part of this web-site belongs to IFTA and the said site may not be used, sold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced, in whole or in part, in any manner or form, or in or on any media, to any person, without either the prior written consent of, or a formal agreement from the said IFTA. Copyright in all material contained in this website (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, software, contents, site titles, layout and site specific user interface) is owned by or licensed to IFTA and all rights in the same are reserved. Neither this website, nor site content may be displayed in public, copied, published, reproduced, stored in any medium (including any other website), distributed, transmitted, retransmitted, modified, used for the creation of derivative works or used for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express written permission of IFTA. Furthermore, the unauthorised framing, selling on or any other use or reproduction of material from this website is a breach of that copyright. The Licensee acknowledges the rights of IFTA as outlined herein.