IFTA Viewing Season - 'A Date For Mad Mary'
Irish Film & Television Academy are delighted to host a special IFTA Viewing season screening of 'A Date for Mad Mary'.
‘Mad’ Mary McArdle returns to Drogheda after a short spell in prison for something she’d rather forget. Back home, everything and everyone has changed. Her best friend, Charlene, is about to get married and Mary is maid of honour. When Charlene refuses Mary a ‘plus one’ on the grounds that she probably couldn’t find a date, Mary becomes determined to prove her wrong. But her attempts at dating are a disaster and she winds up feeling more alone – until she meets Jess and everything changes. A Date for Mad Mary is a tough and tender story about friendship, first love, and letting go of the glory days.
For consideration in the categories of:
- Best Film
- Director : Darren Thornton
- Script Film : Darren Thornton & Colin Thornton
- Actress in a Lead Role:Seána Kerslake
- Actress in a Supporting Role: Tara Lee, Charleigh Bailey, Denise McCormack, Siobhán Shanahan
- Costume Designer : Allison Byrne
- Production Design : Kieran McNulty
- Editing : Tony Cranstoun & Juangus Dinsmore
- Orginal Score : Stephen Rennicks & Hugh Drumm
- Hair & Makeup: Sandra Kelly & Liz Byrne
- Sound : Patrick Hanlon, Nial Brady & Ken Galvin
Thanks To Element Pictures Distribution